The Gravel & Grape
The third annual Gravel & Grape MTB event is taking place from 5-7 May 2017. The event features two rides, the Gravel & Grape Extreme and the Gravel & Grape Adventure.
The Extreme is the same three day race that hardcore mountain bikers have come to know and love over two years, while the Adventure is a two day mountain bike challenge that covers 65km of cycling over the course of its stages. The Adventure is a solo and team event. Entries are for teams of two in two different categories: junior and open. The junior category is for both team members between the ages of 16 and 18 years, while the open category can be a son/daughter, husband/wife, daughter/father team or any two adults who would like to experience their first stage race.
Both events (the Adventure follows the same route as the Extreme) feature some of the purest, expertly hand-cut singletrack in the country. The Gravel & Grape is an event that takes mountain biking back to its roots, focussing on fun but challenging riding with trails that reward the effort you put in.
The routes have been crafted to reflect the rugged nature of the Breede River Valley, but also to show its gentler side. Stunning views, unique scenery, and three days of pure mountain biking will leave you gasping for more. The Gravel & Grape Extreme and Adventure are also a showcase of the regions quality wines, hearty country food, majestic mountains, vineyards and sparkling rivers.
Unique in every way
The hot springs of ATKV Goudini Spa, stunning Fynbos and hospitable people make this an event like few others. The Breedekloof Wine Valley is just one hour from Cape Town, and includes Rawsonville, Slanghoek, Goudini & Breerivier. The event race village is based at Goudini Spa, making this a family weekend instead of just another rider event. Bring the family while you tackle the testing terrain.
The race is a clover leaf, with each day starting and ending at Goudini Spa, making your overnight experience one to remember.
- Our route has been crafted to reflect the rugged nature of Breede River Valley, but also to show its gentler side.
- With purest hand-cut singletrack, the Gravel & Grape Extreme is an event that takes mountain biking back to its roots.
- Taking place from 5-7 May 2017, the Gravel & Grape features two rides, the Extreme (3 day) and the Adventure (2 day).
- The Adventure is a solo and team event. Entries are for teams of two in two different categories: junior and open.
- Unique scenery, hand-cut singletrack and pure mountain biking will leave you gasping for more at Gravel & Grape.